Business Decision Support Analyst
- Admin - Fin-Data Processing
- Lafayette, LA, USA
- Exempt Payscale Applies
- Full Time
- PHI, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits to include but not limited to: Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Match 401K Plan, Flex Spending Account, Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Credit Union, etc.
The Decision Support Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data in a fashion that allows the company to leverage data driven results to perfect business practices. The Decision Support Analyst will create and maintain a data warehouse and perform analysis with the goal of identifying trends or methods to improve business decisions and company core values of safety, quality, efficiency, and customer service. The Decision Support Analyst is responsible for organizing and normalizing large datasets with the goal of obtaining actionable insights. This includes finding innovative ways to combine unrelated data fields. In addition, the Decision Support Analyst is responsible for building and maintaining reporting services within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
More specifically, your key job tasks and core responsibilities will be to:
• Installing/migrating/maintaining production systems.
• Supporting production, staging or quality assurance databases.
• Supporting sandbox or developer databases
• Responsible for maintaining the uptime or availability of production databases.
• Monitoring production databases regularly or respond to any database issues by bringing down the database or taking the database offline.
• The Decision Support Analyst's roles, responsibilities and duties also includes monitoring or optimizing the performance, security, backup, recovery or integrity of database management systems.
• Additionally the Decision Support Analyst will work with third party contracted support services to ensure uptime and best practices of the supported environments
• Support the internal development team by making recommendations or creating varying database required request
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or BSTAT with 2+ years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline with 5+ years of experience
• Microsoft SQL Server (multiple versions) and management tools
• Oracle and Oracle products/management tools
• Microsoft SSRS/SSIS
• Experience collecting data from various sources, from web APIs to internal databases
• Experience in using algorithms and programming to efficiently go through large datasets and apply treatments, filters, and conditions to the data
• Familiar with statistical programming
• Understanding of data relations, correlation, mapping, and transformation
• Creation of meaningful visualization and communication - specifically when dealing with data
• Unix, AIX, Windows, Windows Server, Virtual Environments
• Strong skills in data statistical analytics
• Python and Tableau experience is a plus
• Lafayette, LA
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
1) Safety - Taking responsibility to put the tools and processes in place that will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. The key components of Safety are: System (SMS), Risk Management, Safety Assurance, Personal Responsibility, Discipline, Compliance (Integrity), and Capacity for Collective Action.
2) Quality - Meeting the customers' needs and conditions for success over the long term and to the greatest extent possible. The key components of Quality are: Leadership Position, Technology, Technical Proficiency, Measurement and Accountability, and Innovation.
3) Efficiency - Ability to maximize the benefits and profits, while minimizing effort and expenditure. The key components of Efficiency are: Process Efficiency, Organizational Efficiency, Resource Allocation & Maximization, Measurement and Accountability, and Organizational Transparency
4) Customer Service - Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement. The key components of Customer Service are: Communication, Consistency, Accessibility, Reliability, and Maintaining an Honest, Respectful and Professional Relationship.
1) Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
2) Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
3) High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
4) Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
5) Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PHI, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media