Materials Specialist III
- Materials - Lafayette Stores/Transp
- Lafayette, LA, USA
- Full Time
Under the supervision of the Stores & Transportation Supervisor to perform a variety of duties and activities in the Receiving / Shipping / Stores sections within the Materials Department. Provide some on-the-job training and review documentation to insure accuracy.
Responsible for clean, orderly, safe working environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
More specifically, your key job tasks and core responsibilities will be to:
• Accountable for compliance with all regulatory requirements, the GMM, Standard operating procedures of the Material Department, Safety Guidelines established by the company and SOX404 as required.
• Responsible for proper storage of materials.
• Accountable for inventory accuracy
• Process complete packet of export / import documents, and place booking with freight broker(s) / carrier(s)
• Perform cargo planning based upon mode of transportation (Air / Ocean / Multimodal)
• Maintain close communication & coordination with customer, overseas broker agents and warehouse staff, etc.
• Adhere to complete shipping instructions based upon customer agreement
• Consolidate packages destined for specific customers according to department procedures
• Record all information on incoming/outgoing shipments/issues/credits of aircraft parts, supplies, hardware etc.
• Protect and preserve all assets of the company against damage, corrosion, contamination, etc.
• Must adhere to company Shelf Life Management Program
• Maintain qualification on the proper handling of hazardous material items.
• Respond on expediting of Helicopter AOG parts and materials
• Must comply with all shipping / receiving / stores policies and procedures
• Maintain a safe up-to-date vehicle driving record and license
• Must be a problem solver / decision maker
• Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned by supervisor
• High school graduate
• 5 or more years warehousing experience
• Able to lift and handle freight items
• Good team leadership skills required.
• Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
• Ability to learn and obtain certifications related to dangerous goods and movement of ITAR controlled material.
• Working knowledge of International Shipping Procedures and Documentation highly preferred
• Strong customer service skills
• Good writing and communication skills
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and handle freight of many sizes/weight
• Valid vehicle driver's license
• Lafayette, LA
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
1) Safe - We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
2) Efficient - We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity as a high performing organization.
3) Quality- We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance, which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
4) Service - We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
1) Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
2) Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
3) High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
4) Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
5) Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PHI, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media