Accountant, Domestic Oil & Gas
- Admin - Fin-Accounting Office
- Lafayette, LA, USA
- Full Time
The Accountant is primarily responsible for the ongoing analysis of costs, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The Accountant must be able to assist in the development of a meaningful reporting package to provide current and accurate information to management in order to make solid business decisions related to operations. This position will report to Financial Controller, PHI Americas.
The Accountant must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a solid background in Excel, with a positive and enthusiastic personality. Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and with a strong team spirit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Visits operations bases and performs walk through to understand operations, processes, variance, reporting errors and interpretation of cost.
- Analyzes data, determines opportunities and makes recommendations for cost saving initiatives.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Responds to inquiries from organization wide managers regarding financial results as well as special reporting requests.
- Performs month end tasks and assists in timely completion of monthly, quarterly and year end close financial reporting.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Extracts and analyzes financial data.
- Reliable and committed in consistently meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills. High degree of professionalism expected.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Detail oriented, accounting background preferred
- Microsoft excel/systems ability
- 2 years' experience
- Ability to work well with other administrators to reach all organizational objectives, as well as work efficiently by themselves with minimal supervision.
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE VALUES
1) Safe – We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
2) Efficient – We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity as a high performing organization.
3) Quality – We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance, which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
4) Service – We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
1) Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
2) Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
3) High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
4) Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
5) Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PHI, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media