Mechanic, Aircraft Certified A&P
- - Technical Services
- Lafayette, LA, USA
- Full Time
Under the general guidance of the Lead Mechanic, perform all related functions associated with the service and inspection of aircraft and aircraft components in accordance with current FAA regulations, manufacturer's specifications, and company policies. Work with Lead Mechanic and Management to meet goals and objectives in completing aircraft services meeting quality and FAA airworthiness regulations and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Knowledge of inspecting, repairing, and maintaining aircraft within FAA regulations and company standards.
- Responsible for understanding the current instructions of the manufacturer and the maintenance manuals and company specifications for work assigned.
- Ability to maintain standards when asked to make changes.
- Strive for excellence in repair and maintenance of aircraft and aircraft components in a 145 Repair Station environment.
- Responsible for maintaining aircraft parts, aircraft logbooks and other items necessary to the particular assigned job.
- Positive mental attitude, determined, self-starter utilizing initiative in a team environment.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- S92 or 407 experience required
- 5+ years total time helicopter experience
- 2+ years total time of field operations on helicopters
- Ability to learn aircraft maintenance database applications
- Working knowledge of General Maintenance Manuals
- Ability to acquire and maintain Transponder/ADSB recurrent certification
- Ability to pass Background screening
- Full Time; 5/2 schedule
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE VALUES
1) Safe – We are absolute in our belief in the tenets of Destination Zero and that Zero is not only achievable, but the only acceptable outcome.
2) Efficient – We are focused on outcomes that are smart and responsible by making the best use of our resources to maximize overall productivity as a high performing organization.
3) Quality – We are committed to ensuring excellent organizational performance, which produces sustainable and reliable outcomes.
4) Service - We are dedicated to the service of our customers, our communities and each other.
1) Drive & Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy and the motivation to sustain it over time. They are ambitious and passionate about their role in the organization. They have the stamina and endurance to handle the substantial workload present in today's organization. They are motivated to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce even in exhausting circumstances.
2) Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance, marketing, operations, information technologies, human resources, etc.). They add organizational value through unique expertise in a functional specialty area. They remain current in their area of expertise and serve as a resource in that area for the organization.
3) High Standards - Effective performers establish and model standards that guarantee exceptional quality and necessary attention to detail. They continually seek to improve processes and products, and they hold staff accountable for quality. They find best practices, share them, and then improve upon them.
4) Initiative - Effective performers are proactive and take action without being prompted. They don't wait to be told what to do or when to do it. They see a need, take responsibility and act on it. They make things happen.
5) Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities. They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
The above Statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
PHI, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.